Monday, September 18, 2006

Even geeks don't understand...

So there I am in Richmond's number one comic book store: "They Walk Among Us", minding my own business, browsing the comics and I hear the Store Dude (SD) chatting to a Old Customer(OC)...

SD: Oh hello there...
OC: Hi!
SD: You'll be after some Xbox360 games won't you... have you played Dead Rising?
OC: Oh er... No. I don't think I've heard of it...
SD: Well! Its Bri...

(at this point there's a slight interuption)

ME: SO. MANY. ZOMBIES!

Silence

SD and OC both kind of pivot on the spot to stare at the random mutterings coming from the end of the store...

SD: Yes, well... there are a quite a few Zo...
ME: THOUSANDS OF THEM! IN THE SHOPPING CENTRE...
OC: Really?
ME: YES!!! And you can KILL THEM!
SD: Well of course..
ME: IN ALL SORTS OF WAYS! ZOMBIES! BRILLIANT! ZOMBIES!

Now I'm not sure if the OC bought himself a copy of Dead Rising or not...
But the SD started a conversation about Lego Star Wars so I kind of shut off after that...


Pah.


Zombies are awesome.

Killing them in new and inventive ways is also... Awesome.

But sometimes - even geeks don't understand.

*sigh*

James

1 comment:

Whatley said...

As soon as I have my Wii.

Nuff said.